The makeup supervisor is responsible for designing the looks of each character using makeup and hair products, as well as prosthetics for special makeup effects.
- Sketch out makeup designs for all the characters.
- Calculate the time required for daily makeup application for each character.
- Coordinate with hairstylists and costume designers to create a balanced look for the actors/actresses.
- Inform the production team about the products and tools required.
- Keep a consistent makeup style throughout the shooting of the film.
- Assist the actors/actresses to remove prosthetics and body makeup